As a college student, I have become accustomed to hitting the snooze button one too many times. I love my sleep, but I also don’t like to look like a zombie roaming around campus. While some days I opt for just concealer and mascara
While some days I opt for just concealer and mascara, I have found a way to achieve a 10-minute makeup routine that provides a full face and makes me look alive (because coffee can only do so much).
I try to have a good mix of drugstore and high-end products along with brushes. Here are my everyday essentials that work for me.
- Nivea Men Sensitive Skin After Shave Balm ($5 at Walmart) – This stuff keeps my skin hydrated and my makeup on allllllllll day. I sometimes don’t get home until late, so I need my primer to do its job.
- MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation ($43 at Sephora) – I have this in both Y315 Sand for when I’m fair and Y425 for when I’m more tan. Having it in a stick form is super quick and it has a great coverage and looks great on the skin (especially blending it with a brush and running over it with a sponge)
- Tarte’s Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer ($25 at Ulta) – I use the shade Light Neutral and the consistency, color, and coverage are PERFECT. I love this concealer so much.
- RCMA No Color Powder ($12 from Beautylish) – This powder is perfection. You have to order it and it looks like a spice, but Kathleenlights knew what she was talking about when she raved about it.
- Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer ($14.39 at Target) – This bronzer gives me a great glow and really brings my face to life. I have the original color in Bronzer.
- BECCAxJaclyn Hill Face Palette with Champagne Pop – Sadly, this palette is unavailable because it was limited edition…. as you can see though, I looooooveeee Champagne Pop! Sephora has the individual highlighter for only $38. I also use the blushes almost every day. Blush just brings my face to life and these ones are convenient since they are in the same palette.
- ABH Brow Definer ($23 at Sephora) – The brow definer gives definition to my brows while keeping them looking natural. When I’m in a hurry, I just fill in where I need it with the Medium Brown shade.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational ($6.99 at Target) – I forgot to photograph this, but I bounce back between mascaras a lot. This Lash Sensational mascara is currently my favorite! It keeps a curl and gives my lashes the length and drama I want. Love it.
- The original beautyblender ($20 at Sephora) – I sometimes don’t think I’m even capable of blending out my concealer without my beauty blender. I also love other sponges, but this is the one I’ve been turning to most. I usually use it for my foundation (especially after the next brush)
- Morphe 439 Brush ($14 at Morphe) – This brush is great for blending out foundation. With my MUFE foundation sticks, I much prefer to blend it with a brush and then go over it with my beauty blender to give it a more natural look.
- e.l.f. Highlighting Brush ($2.99 at Target) – I love this brush for highlighting, but when my friend suggested it for setting my undereye, I fell more in love with it. It’s so soft and fluffy and still so affordable.
- Tapered Powder Brush (part of a $29 set at Morphe) – I love this brush for bronzing. It’s not too big but big enough (that’s what she said). There is an e.l.f. brush that is very similar, I just can’t remember the name of that brush though.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush ($7.99 at Target) – I used to hate blush. It just never applied evenly and it was either too much or too little……until I used this brush. Blush has just always been hard for me and this brush makes it easy peasy.
- e.l.f. Blush Brush ($2.99 at Target) – While this is a blush brush, I love this brush for highlighting. I think Kathleenlights gave me the idea to use it for highlight, and now it’s one of my go-to brushes.
Here is my finished look that got me through the day! I look a lot more like a person than I did before.
I hope you found a few new products to try or are inspired my ridiculously simple look.
If you have any everyday staples, comment with them below so I can give them a try!